Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Buttonhooks

I see a lot of buttonhooks while out and about. Sometimes they are very inexpensive, sometimes not. My dream is to find an orange peeler marked as a buttonhook and pick it up on the cheap.  However, I had very little understanding of this item until I cam across a whole society dedicated to the buttonhook. So rather than recreate someones quality quality research I will refer you to it here.   I found this site after following a link about hotel silver. This lead to a very very short article (it is also where I borrowed this image) about buttonhooks which lead to the bigger collectors site. They show a few buttonhooks that appear to be hollow handle sterling affairs. I think next time I see one on the cheap I should pick it up and try to learn how they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment